ECAT FA/PME Engineer owns technical responsibility according ECAT team responsibility matrix.
General job role responsibilities:
The main ECAT/FA Engineer tasks are:
- Assure excellent (deep and sorrow) failure analysis, which allows the definition of corrective actions. The corrective actions need to be agreed upon with the involved parties and documented according to our business processes.
- Measure and report performance frequently, define and implement comprehensive containment and corrective actions. Focus on proactive/preventive actions to achieve continuous improvement to exceed the targets.
- Perform and maintain all needed activities for parts qualification, EC verification with respect to technical aspects and EC / PCN / Off -spec verification & piloting during mass production. Provide appropriate information to Vac manufacturing engineering for formal process introduction.
- Perform formal supplier qualifications for new products and/or new suppliers
- Perform all needed activities to maintain production yield within the targets and seek for opportunities to exceed the targets. Targets will be raised acc to Corporate Instruction TM 105.
- Investigate reported ‘installation problems' and create / implement corrective actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Handle NCM material according to the business process.
- Coordinate and perform line screenings on demand. Make sure no escapes can go to the field.
- Establish comprehensive, advanced engineering practices and support a structure with focus on high flexibility.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Product Engineering Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Hardware Development & Support
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- DB handling skills (preferring SQL language)
- Fluent in English is necessary both verbal and writing: making English process documentation and conference calls with
- Hungarian knowledge is necessary both verbal and writing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or Mathematics, Data Scientist
- Project management skills
- Statistical analysis knowledge
- Decision making skills
- Good communication skills
- Quality management techniques knowledge is an advantage
- Lean six sigma knowledge is an advantage
- SPSS knowledge is an advantage
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.