Who you are:
In the role of Storage Developer, this individual will be responsible for Designing and development of individual product features for IBM Storwize/SVC family of storage products, IBM Software Defined Storage portfolio & IBM cloud storage services.
What you will do:
Storage Developer will be owning and driving product functionality as SME and represent it in global product team. The individual will be responsible for Designing and development of individual product features for IBM Storwize/SVC family of storage products, IBM Software Defined Storage portfolio & IBM cloud storage service. Storage Developer will work with the senior technical leaders and manager in effectively managing the deliverables through their technical skills and prior experience
How we'll help you grow:
• You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need, to become the expert you want to be.
• You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Hardware Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 6 - 14 years of industry experience in Linux Internals, Kernel and User mode Programming, scripting, Kernel Debuggers, development and build tools.
· Proven Storage domain knowledge and hands-on knowledge.
· Product development/usage experience on Linux/Windows operating systems for Linux kernel and user level prograamming and test.
· Experience with storage software stack implementation and debugging on Linux operating systems.
· Understanding of back end Storage controllers and good working knowledge of SCSI protocol
· Good knowledge of S/W development process & tools for product development/debugging using C/C++, java, Python language.
· Knowledge of High availability, storage multi-pathing solutions, and Systems/Storage domains.
· Debugging skills on FC/iSCSI/SAS analysers and good knowledge on SCSI/FC/ISCSI/SAS protocols.
· Proven communication skills
· Proven problem-solving skills for complex issues with interdependencies across multiple modules
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google or similar Cloud Provider (IaaS) and Could reference architecture and Storage API for Cloud knowledge will be a value add.
· Ability to plan test execution details meticulously and identifying dependencies.
Secondary Job Category
Other Hardware Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.