IBM Global Markets is currently seeking a Storage Solutions Sales Specialist for Public Sector accounts. This position is responsible for driving sales of IBM's Hardware and Software Defined Storage technologies including Flash, Cloud Object Storage, Spectrum Software Suite and a full storage portfolio for the Healthcare / SLED Market in Houston, Texas.
Storage Specialists are consultants to IBM clients. They deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. As a client-facing, sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – to be essential to its clients; help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven hardware, software defined (SDSS) and Hybrid cloud-based storage solutions. We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's Storage portfolio. Travel requirements 25%-35%.
· Use business acumen to understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
· Collaborate with IBM Technical and Services teams to define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of proposed integrated solutions
· Work with the technical team to deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), support critical situations
· Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
· Apply IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery
· Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business
· Skilled in provocative consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
· Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
· Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
· Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
This position resides in Houston Texas
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Industry Solution Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 4 years' experience in IT Sales
· At least 3 years' experience in Storage Sales
· Competitive experience in High Performance Computing (HPC), Cloud and Storage
· Demonstrated Business/Territory development success
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 5 years' experience selling storage solutions
· Enterprise accounts experience
· Selling in to Healthcare, Life Sciences and / or SLED
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire