IBM is leading the way in the Information Security space and our Managed Security Services Delivery team is looking to expand and onboard a Sr. IT Security Specialist to join our Security Operations Center.
Deliverables include deployment and integration activities, device management, event analysis, service-level reporting, risk and contingency planning. Support-related responsibilities include day to day monitoring, troubleshooting, patch management, access management, health and availability management of client's security solutions.
· Leverage your in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Email and Web security solutions such as Spam firewalls/gateway protection, Web proxy, Web application firewalls, cloud email and web content security, and other similar areas.
· Leverage your In-depth knowledge and proven proficiency in Managing (Device and Policy Mgmt) of NAC solutions, especially Forescout, to lead a project and move it in to steady state operations.
· Ability to work in a medium to large scale implementation of NAC with thousands of endpoints where active NAC enforcement policies are configured will be preferred.
· Ability to build new use cases around NAC solution and leading the testing and roll out to Production.
· Able to handle with minimal supervision the steady state operations for NAC such as device upgrades, plugin updates, policy changes, NAC related incident management, troubleshooting and vendor escalations and periodic reporting and presentation of metrics.
· Engage in regular cadence with client and provide value add by means of recommendations to drive efficiency and value while minimizing vulnerabilities.
· Ability to also perform administration, configuration and troubleshooting of other Security solutions such as UTMs, IDS/IPS, content security, malware detection, etc. will be a plus.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· At least 5 years' experience in a Security Operations Role managing Email/Web security, NAC, UTM, IDS/IPS, and other Infrastructure and Endpoint Security solutions.
· At least 3-5 years' experience with reputed email and web security solutions such as Cisco Ironport, Proofpoint, Brightmail, Bluecoat, McAfee, etc.
· At least 3-5 years' experience managing various NAC technologies from reputed vendors such as Forescout, Cisco, etc.
· Travel: Up to 20% or 1 days a week
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology and 2 to 6 years of related work experience, preferably in Security Operations , or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Sound understanding of Industry Leading security Solutions
· Industry recognized security certifications This can include security methodology (Eg. CISSP, CISA, ITIL, etc.) or vendor specific (product) certifications (Eg. CCSP, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
· Client facing experience supporting large scale security solutions.
· Sound understanding of networking concepts
· Legal working status
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire