IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will develop and extend the MeF application architecture, recommend and develop performance test scenarios and perform analysis of performance tests, support migration from Solaris to Linux, provide direction for moving MeF to the Cloud, and make recommendations for increasing MeF DevOps maturity.
· Develop performance test scenarios and conduct post-test analysis of performance test data – estimated 40%
· Develop and extend MeF application solution architectures – estimated 25%
· Support migrating from Solaris to Linux – estimated 10%
· Provide recommendations/architectural options for migration MeF to the cloud – estimated 10%
· Architect solutions for implementing Infrastructure-As-Code using tools like Puppet/Chef/Ansible – estimated 10%
Architect solutions for implementing DevOps practices – estimated 5%
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) PSHJ GBSTSSCI
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Performance testing – 5+ years
o Developed performance test scenarios and strategies
o Conducted analysis of performance test data; provided reports to customer on analysis and explained results
o Made recommendations to the customer on test scenarios, strategies, and testing schedules o Recommended automation solutions, including use of new tools, to bring efficiencies to performance testing
• Developed solution architectures for large, complex programs - 5+ years
• Experience with migrating from one Unix variant to the Linux platform – 3+ years
• Experience migrating applications to the cloud – 3+ years
• Experience in implementing DevOps on complex projects – 3+ years
• Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible – 2+ years
• Security clearance: United States-MBI
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience with private cloud implementations and related virtualization and containerization designs - 2+ years
• Experience migrating monolithic applications to microservices - 2+ years
• Experience with JBoss EAP - 2+ years
Secondary Job Category
· United States citizenship required
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire