Description de l'offre
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a Database Developer, you will have responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in database design, development, and maintenance for transactional processing systems/databases.
· Write stored procedures, functions, etc. as dictated by the needs of each initiative/feature/user story, etc.
· Develop ad-hoc SQL to research data questions, identify root causes, and interact closely with members of both IT and the business.
· Performance tune queries and stored procedures to keep databases and applications optimized.
· Collaborate with other developers, QA resources, business analysts, architects, and product owners to estimate and deliver work.
· Leverage the latest tools, technologies, and design patterns to focus on database solutions.
· Help reduce/minimize technical debt over time with root cause identification and resolution of system problems.
· Develop and maintain ETL procedures and programs.
IBM is market leader in the data & analytics space. We offer a dynamic, innovative and international environment which is fueled by projects with leading clients, unique capabilities such as IBM Research & Development and IBM Watson, and a growing ecosystem of partnerships such as those with Apple and Twitter. If you think you have the skill and the attitude to change the way that business is conducted – IBM is the place for you and will offer you numerous opportunities for growth across the company.
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5 years of experience with SQL programming language
· At least 3 years of experience with SQL scripts, stored procedures, and/or functions, etc
· Experience with SQL Reporting Services
· Experience with unstructured and structured data
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with SSIS
· Experience with various db technologies such DB2, noSQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc
· Experience in translating relational data into noSQL
· Experience with APIs (application programming interface)
· Experience of a data warehouse environment and knowledge of existing and emerging data integration approaches
· Data architecture experience of designing and developing data models
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de IBM
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.