Solutions Engineer - ASPERA
Solutions Engineer - ASPERAAspera, an IBM Company, creates new high performance data transfer technologies. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to support the expansion of Aspera's Orchestrator process automation platform. In this position you will be split between client facing Professional Services responsibilities and hands-on product development with some additional product management aspects.
Professional Services/Sales Support
Consultant will lead one or more simultaneous projects, both on-site at clients and off-site, leveraging Aspera Orchestrator process automation platform and other technologies. Responsibilities include full lifecycle project management, solution design, and overall solution architecture:
· Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy and determine if requirements are met by the current out of the box functionality. Work with requirement providers to close issues and gaps and design/implement custom solution when needed.
· Coordinate all aspects of the project with other teams, such as Sales Engineering, Quality Assurance, Support, Engineering as well as business owners and management.
· Perform impact assessment and scope the size of the effort based on the requirements
· Develop full project plans to implement the Workflow solutions, including identifying resource requirements
· Architect the solution and ensure that it fits into the overall Aspera Orchestrator architecture at Client
· Play an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing the overall Aspera Orchestrator architecture. Identify, recommend and implement process and architecture improvements
· Assist with and validate the design of the solution and the production of all design phase deliverables
· Manage the build phase and quality assure (peer review) the code to ensure that it meets the requirements and adheres to the Aspera Orchestrator architecture
· Resolve difficult design and build issues, troubleshoot bugs when developers are not able to do so
· Coordinate with the Quality Assurance team to plan and execute QA testing and resolution of any defects
· Take an active role in deployment and support resources to ensure the solutions gets implemented smoothly into QA and Production environments
· Ensure that the overall Aspera solution meet customer expectations
The position also involves hands-on core engineering to participate in the development of the Aspera Orchestrator platform, including development of key functionality of the core workflow engine and extension to integrate with third party systems:
Architect, design and develop enterprise-grade solutions technical solutions that:
· Meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability providing realistic implementation schedules while adhering to company's architectural standards and principles.
· Integrate with a variety of protocols (e.g. MQ, SOAP, Rest, ICAP...)
· Help get the Web-interface to the next level, by refining usability and interactivity of the application.
Participate in the development of the product roadmap based on customer feedback and hands-on field experience
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Solution Architect
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
BOIS COLOMBES CEDEX
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The ideal candidate will have big-5 consulting or other professional services experience and be very technology minded with a desire to stay hands-on with the development of core technology product.
France, United Kingdom
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category