Description de l'offre
Solution Manager - 2 year Fixed Term Contract - Perth
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently recruiting a Solution Manager for a 24-month fixed term contract, based in Perth.
This is a client facing Job Role. Solution Managers are expected to spend 40-70% of their time in face-to-face discussions with IBM clients and other key stakeholders. They are responsible for the development and sales of IBM Strategic Outsourcing solutions directly to clients. They present, review and modify the solution, with the internal/external client and key stakeholders, to meet deal requirements and to close the deal for IBM. They lead multinational, multiple discipline teams of subject-matter experts, using a combination of IBM standard and custom solutions and they orchestrate the development of complex, multiple year, custom solutions and associated cost cases, all with the goal to ensure consistent delivery of high quality services and/or solutions which meet client business and technical requirements and fulfil IBM's obligations. Their leadership provides the foundation of the IBM solution that influences our sales teams, human resources, C&N and delivery strategies for the engagement. TSMs own the definition of the services solutions, are accountable for the overall success of the engagement and are the primary source of IBM Global Services engagement management and solution design around the world and across all product and technical disciplines
As a Solutions Manager your responsibilities include:
· Build effort estimation, staffing plan using sophisticated estimation methods and tools.
· Leverage IBM offerings, services, accelerators, assets, delivery center, delivery models, hardware and software products while building the solution.
· Participate with client, Geo and Market GBS team to gather solution requirements and client expectations.
· Participate in solutioning interventions such as shaping, optimization and excellence.
· Contribute in the solution with technical / industry skill as applicable Engage in client workshops, oral presentations and SOW /Proposal development.
· Prepare solution artifacts and manage end to end incremental proposals development process.
· Continuously innovate and learn on the latest tools, technologies, processes, offerings, delivery models, pricing models, emerging technologies.
· Proactively understand potential service risks and issues and mitigate them internally and when necessary escalate them to the Account Executive and outline potential options for mitigation of such.
· Optimise delivery solutions to ensure that the client will achieve the necessary cost savings to keep the IT budget flat throughout the transformation.
· Demonstrate increase in delivery throughput, including productivity, cycle time and quality through enhanced delivery capability, skills and processes.
· Play a strategic role in the prioritization, planning and execution of an enterprise wide business strategy.
· Strengthen the internal partnerships for more effective planning and prioritization of strategic business initiatives. Skills required:
To ensure success in the role you will need to possess and demonstrate the following skills –
· At least 10 Years of IT industry experience
· At least 5 Years' experience in pre-sales solution management - associated tools, methods and frameworks.
· At least 2 Years of experience in Energy & Utility industry (or relevant) with exposure in solutions around Operations and Business support systems, Asset Management, Network and Operations Management.
· At least 2 Years of experience in mDrover like Field mobility and scheduling estimation solutions.
· At least 3 Years hands on experience in sophisticated estimation tools and techniques such as QSM SLIM.
· At least 3 Years' experience in Agile, multi-vendor, complex systems integration & distributed team environment.
· Preferred individual with an understanding on following estimation metrics/components and their utility in estimation process and building parametric estimation tools/methods. -
· Software sizing (methods such as Function Points, Agile story points, Use Case Points, Service Points, SNAP Points, RICEF Objects, Object Oriented metrics etc.); Test Case Volume; Defect Injection Rate; Software Defect Potential; Defect Removal Efficiency; Mean Time to Defect; Sizing creeping user requirements; Manpower Build up Index (MBI); Schedule; Staffing Levels; Phased Distribution Profiles; Gearing Factor etc
· Sub-metric embraced by individual metric, for ex. MBI has Task concurrence, Schedule compression, and Resource constraints as sub-metric OR Productivity has Software development tools and methods, Process Maturity Level, Security Classification, System Size, Reuse, Application Complexity, Defect Removal Efficiency, Management influence, Staff skills etc.
· Effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
· Effective leadership skills.
· Attention to detail is a must. Applicants will be required to hold Australian PR or Citizenship.
Compensation package from $115, 500 (full-time equivalent) and will be determined based on successful candidates relevant skills and experience.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
General Other Solution Sales
State / Province
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire