Responsibilities will include sourcing, negotiation, and administration of software contracts and license agreements of medium to high complexity.This can be a remote/mobile position. Experienced individual may be approved for home office, others would be required to be located at an IBM site.
Candidate will work within one of the Emerging Software Sourcing teams, comprised of regular and supplemental employees working from the US, Argentina and India. Will interface with supplier executives, client executives, legal, intellectual property law, and multiple lines of IBM business clients.
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
Supply Chain Operations Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 3 years experience in Software Licensing and Intellectual Property
· The position requires strong drafting skills for all types of software agreements, general legal and intellectual property law knowledge, project management and negotiation skills, and procurement experience. Requires proficiency in analytical, presentation, interpersonal communication and contract administration abilities. The applicant must have an understanding of complex contract issues, legal and intellectual property law principles.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 5 years experience in Software Licensing and Intellectual Property
· At least 5 years experience in Contract Law Principles/Concepts
· At least 5 years experience in Procurement
· The preferred candidate will have experience in procurement, contracts or software licensing related areas. Experience in managing supplier and client relationships is very important.
Secondary Job Category
Other Supply Chain
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire