What would it be like to work for a digital agency network like no other? IBM Interactive Experience is seeking a Software Engineer (Java) who is eager to find out.
As a Software Engineer (Java), you will have the proven experience and knowledge needed to lead new business opportunities and deliver technology solutions for our new and existing clients.
• Work with User Experience specialists, Strategists and Business Analysts to determine business and design and develop full-stack solutions to meet those needs
• Analyze business requirements and technical specifications, and define physical and logical architectures.
• Ability to play a client-facing role in large and complex organizations, preferably has previous experience in an agency environment
• Review project estimates and assess impact of project risks
• Actively participate in relevant project meetings, proactively identify and communicate solutions to the team and communicate status and issues in a concise, informative and timely manner.
• Support vendor evaluation and decisions on technology investments
We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM Interactive Experience, 2015 and 2016 Advertising Age’s largest digital agency network in the world. We are a next generation services company dedicated to creating transformative ideas that get our clients to the future first. Learn more at ibminteractive.com
Candidates will be based in New York, NY.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4+ years of building distributed systems using MVC-based, service-oriented architectures
• 4+ years’ experience in utilizing Java tools in web and client-server environments including Java Platform, J2EE, JDBC technologies, working experience with XML/JSON and AJAX.
• Experience using MVC framework, Java/J2EE, Eclipse, JSON and Java SOAP and REST services.
• 2+ years experience working with Acquia/Drupal and/or Adobe Experience Manager content management systems
• Working knowledge of frameworks and tool sets, specifically Gradle, Spring IoC, JUnit, and Log4J
• Experience in basic algorithms and approaches and optimization
• OOD, Implementation, and Design Patterns, Memory management, multi-thread decision and utilization
• Experience with SQL Database principles and Data Architecture/Modeling
• Hands-on experience of working in cloud including development, build and deploy of microservices on one of the following technologies: IBM Cloud, CloudFoundry, AWS, Rackspace, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience using Hibernate and understanding ORMs is a plus.
• Ability to work within a team of full stack developers; working knowledge of development tools, testing tools, and version control systems, including SVN, Git.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role