Description de l'offre
We are looking for an Automation Software Engineer to build software to test a variety of tightly integrated application systems. This position will work closely with the development team and business owners in the implementation and delivery of software products to meet rigorous quality standards, budgets, and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in software development, agile methodologies, test automation, and quality assurance methodologies.
If you are a talented professional who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the IBM Cloud Bare-Metal product development team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM Cloud a place where you want to be – a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
• Take a leadership role and advance our automated software testing efforts.
• Build new, or extend current functionality in our automated test framework.
• Create UI for test execution and results presentation.
• Create automated test scenarios to detect and report on multiple failure modes.
• Extend and evaluate functional, regression, usability, and load/stress automated test suites.
• Implement and monitor automated test execution and reporting for incremental builds, as well as release candidate builds.
• Work closely with development teams to help identify and isolate problem areas in various applications.
• Make suggestions for the improvement and evolution of overall development practices, including quality assurance, defect tracking, and release/configuration management.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3+ years of experience in quality engineering with a focus on test automation
• Experience with object oriented programming languages, such as Python, Java, Go, C#, or PHP (Python preferred).
• Experience with browser automation such as Selenium, Watir, or PhantomJS
• Experience developing with, developing, or building tests API layers web services such as SOAP, Rest, or JSon.
• Functional linux/Unix experience
• Passion for software testing and interest in learning emerging technologies
• Hosting industry experience is a plus.
• Experience with OpenStack, Cloud Stack, Amazon Web Services, or Eucalyptus.
• Experience with a variety of testing tools and methods
• Experience leading or collaborating with off-shore teams
• Experience developing with application servers such as Zope, CheryPy, Django, JBoss, or Spring,
• Experience developing with middle-ware technologies such as JMS or RabbitMQ
• Experience with RDBMS and SQL
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience testing and supporting distributed computing and web applications
• Up to date on the latest development frameworks• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good attention to detail
• Curiosity for how things work and how they break
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role