IBM has opportunities for Software Engineers in our IBM Security Cloud Identity competency. The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career
Why you want to work at IBM Security:
Ability to work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world
· Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro-services based cloud-first infrastructure
· Work in a team-oriented environment
· Work with a globally-distributed and international team, with a culture centered on success. One of the worlds most Trusted Brands.
· Opportunities for personal growth and charitable giving, such as joining the IBM On-Demand Community and the IBM Corporate Service Corps
· Opportunities for global travel
· Competitive compensation and benefit packages
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of professional experience developing in one or more of the following: Scala, Java, Spring/MVC, Python, Play framework, Akka
· Experience developing micro-services platforms
· A background of working with agile development best practices demonstrating an understanding an SDLC using tooling such as Git, Jenkins, etc.
· Bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency and security
· Desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive while working with agility amongst a remote team
· Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment, such as Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or others
· Selenium and Cucumber automation test case experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Aptitude to learning new languages and frameworks
· Experience building highly-available distributed systems on cloud infrastructure
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· An understanding in IT security best practices with experience working against industry standards such as ISO, FedRAMP, HIPPA, etc.
· Experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Node JS
· Comfort with an agile development process and continuous delivery environment
· Experience with IBM Security products such as IDI, IDS, ISAM.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire