We are looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer with a focus on utilizing data science and machine learning to improve the quality of our compute offerings. You are passionate about learning new things, and developing methodologies to identify, and predict potential inefficiencies within software systems. You should be well-versed in agile software development using Python, and has a real passion for software testing. As a member of the Compute Tribe in IBM Cloud IaaS, you will work with groundbreaking technologies that impact the continued success of the company. We strive to innovate together, challenge each other to grow, and make IBM a place we are proud to work. If you are a talented professional who seeks responsibility, thrives in dynamic environments, and appreciates the importance of software quality, we would like to talk with you.
· Extend and improve functional, regression, usability, and load/stress automated test suites
· Develop frameworks for testing microservices, and monitoring production systems
· Work closely with development teams to identify and triage system failures
· Build data pipelines, extract data, and perform data analytics
· Train machine learning models to help improve software quality and development processes
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3 yrs of experience in software development
Strong understanding of OOP, and a programming language such as Java, PHP, Python, or C#
Experience with Web Services and API's using SOAP, XML-RPC, and REST + JSON
Functional experience using an RDBMS, and Linux/Unix command-line interface
Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience using an IaaS/Cloud Provider API
· Experience using Pandas, Keras, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc.
· Experience working with Microservice Architectures
· Experience using Kubernetes, and Kafka
· Sound mathematics and statistics background
· Experience using an ORM, version control tools, and continuous integration tools
· Experience utilizing virtualization and containerization technologies
· Experience with distributed systems/applications, and scaled system/service architecture
Early Professional Track