As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, and we’re looking for talented consultants to join us in this new era. Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
IBM Cloud Lab Services is hiring an Application Consultant who is passionate about helping customers use IBM software to solve their problems. You will champion IBM Cloud Private and Middleware tools and products with US Government customers to help adopt, implement, integrate, migrate and develop Cloud and Middleware solutions. You will work closely with US government clients and other IBM consultants, experts, support and product development teams. You are responsible for task leadership for small to medium size solution projects. Your value equals client success.
Key Attributes and responsibilities:
· Demonstrated Communication and presentation skills
· Ability to lead and shape client expectations
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
· Lead and mentor client teams
· Leads or participate in consulting projects that deliver customer-focused results aligned with strategic and operational goals of the Client
· Facilitates identification, review and analysis of strategic issues and advises regarding development and implementation of strategy for the client’s environment
· Provides guidance in analyzing, investigating, and resolving issues
· Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of guidelines, policies, procedures, and processes
Work Location: Washington DC Metro Areas
Remote with some in office work location required
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Top Secret US Government clearance
· 3-5 plus years Consulting experience
· 3-5 plus years experience with C++ and /or Java programming
· Demonstrated experience to champion for IBM tools and products with the customer.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or technical discipline
Top Secret / SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance, Linux, C++, Java
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Top Secret / SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance
· Linux administration, installation, and integration skills.
· IBM Datapower Gateway and/or UrbanCode and/or Cloud Private experience
· SOA gateway installation, configuration experience
· Application build, release and deploy experience
· Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
· Experience with Containers / Kubernetes / Virtual Machine technologies
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire