Description de l'offre
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) - Infrastructure as a Service
Be part of ZaaS IBM strategy.
Our Mission is to drive IBM LinuxOne into Cloud via a Public and Private Cloud Strategy and exploit our platform differentiation across the industry to help our clients succeed. Provide an enterprise IaaS on LinuxONE for CoLo and Genesis data centers adopting the IBM OneCloud Architecture that positions our platform as a standard offering of IBM OneCloud.
Data Center Management Design, deployment and maintenance of robust deployments of ZaaS into SL CoLo and later on Genesis data centers. We provide step-by-step descriptions for the data center setup. We automate the data center setup and deployment of ZaaS to gain more speed. We will monitor the data centers to foresee outages and to detect defects. We monitor the data center capacity and performance to be prepared for future resource demand and to optimize resource utilization.
Design, write and deliver infrastructure software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of cloud services running on IBM Z.
Participate in on call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
Constantly thinking of how to automate yourself out of boring operational tasks
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
· Proven Experience in one of the following programming languages: Shell scripting, Python, Go.
· Knowledge in one of this fields:
· IBM Z architecture/operation
· Storage (FCP, SAN)
· Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Hands on experience in monitoring of servers at a large scale (e.g. Prometheus, Graphite ...)
· Experience handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like: Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
· Architectural skills
· Project Management discipline
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role