As Software Developer, you are responsible for:
· Ensure application availability on all environments
· Troubleshooting any issue in the infrastructure/middleware and applications that are running in development to production
· Creation and enhancement of Continuous Integration/Deployment automation across multiple platforms, using Jenkins/UCD or other tools
· Enhancement/Maintaining dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading services
· You will effectively collaborate with various infrastructure/development teams to streamline the tools, build and deployment process in line with enterprise tools and standards
· In addition, you will be responsible for defining Ops cloud enablement (monitoring, logging, alarms, support, change management, etc).
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Hands-on experience in Jenkins/UCD for CI and End-to-End automation for build and CD
· Expertise in Release management tools and ticketing tools like ServiceNow, ITIM, ICD, Jira
· Proficient in Container based environment such as Docker and Kubernetes/Red Hat OpenShift
· Proven knowledge and understanding of IBM Db2 database and WAS application servers administration in a global production environment
· Solid understanding of automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration management across the environment (on-premise & cloud)
· Working knowledge with version control systems like GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, GIT Lab
· Experience in using MAVEN or ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts.
· Experience on middleware technologies installations and configuration in an enterprise environment with existing required topology nodes, LDAP, DB Servers, JMS, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience using Agile methodologies along with knowledge of the software development process
· Experience in Cloud computing concepts along with basic knowledge on zOS will be an added advantage
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.