Ready to drive change for IBM and its customers? Love working with cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams? Embark on the journey with us in the Network Tools and Automation team with IBM Cloud IaaS. We are looking for a highly skilled Software Developer with both development and networking experience to drive greater visibility and automation into our global network infrastructure, which plays a key role in IBM's ability to be responsive to our clients and to act with speed and agility.
We are looking for talented, ambitious and dedicated software developers who have a passion for improving the way our teams work by creating automation and services that can match the demands of our global dynamic corporation.
You will be challenged to design and develop services and automations leveraging a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies. If you are a talented software developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered in an agile development environment, and understands the importance of personal accountability then we would like to talk to you.
Responsibilities might include but are not limited to:
Evaluating and selecting open source and commercial tools to enhance our team's capabilities and productivity.
Using build, deployment and monitoring/logging tooling such as Ansible, SaltStack, Jenkins, Nomad, Consul, Elastic, Grafana, etc.
Development of microservices in Python and Go leveraging cutting edge open source and commercial tools to facilitate the monitoring and automation all aspects of the network.
Producing solutions that excel at user-experience, aesthetics, performance, reliability and scalability.
Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
Manage and prioritize backlog with input from our customers, product owners in network engineering and operations.
Conduct code reviews and iteration planning and scrum meetings.
Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, schedule, scope, and any changes impacting deployments and release.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in implementing Agile framework and practices for squads/teams
· Competency in networking concepts to define clear technical requirements for network engineering teams.
· Experience in working on infrastructure projects across highly matrixed organization.
· Demonstrated written/verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills.
· Able to effectively work through high pressure and complex situations across multiple stakeholders.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Knowledge of the following technologies: Nomad, Consul, Vault, Kafka, Docker, KVM, PostgreSQL, InfluxData TICK Stack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack.
· Knowledge of the following programming languages: Go, Python, C/C++, Rust, PHP, Perl.
· Working knowledge of: Machine Learning, Statistics, Data Science.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire