Location of the role: Fredericton or Saint John, NB.
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; and we are looking for Software Developers to come make a difference.
IBM Security Intelligence is the global provider of high-value, cost-effective, security information and event management (SIEM) products. The flagship offering Qradar is currently the industry leader in SIEM. Qradar integrates previously disparate functions including log management, network behavior analytics and security event management into a total security intelligence solution. QRadar provides users with crucial visibility into what is occurring with their networks, data centers, and applications to better protect IT assets and meet regulatory requirements.
Why join IBM Security?
• Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
• Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro services based cloud-first infrastructure
• Work with a globally distributed and international team, with a culture centered on success
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• A world of opportunity for career growth
The successful candidate will work within an agile team which includes quality assurance, documentation writers, customer support representative, product managers, architects and software developers. He or She will have strong problem solving/troubleshooting abilities; excellent verbal and written communication; strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based solutions.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· Min 3-5 years of experience with Integration testing, Linux, XML, SQL, QA methodologies and Test Automation (e.g. Selenium, groovy, jeb).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience working on extremely highly scalable platforms
· Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Node JS, NoSQL
· Experience with Travis CI, API Connect, express-openapi, Cloud Object Storage
· Legal Work Status
· This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire