Description de l'offre
IBM Security Intelligence is the global provider of high-value, cost-effective, security information and event management (SIEM) products. The flagship offering QRadar is currently the industry leader in SIEM. QRadar integrates previously disparate functions including log management, network behavior analytics and security event management into a total security intelligence solution. QRadar provides users with crucial visibility into what is occurring with their networks, data centers, and applications to better protect IT assets and meet regulatory requirements. The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019.
At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, fraud, etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; we are currently looking for a Software Developer to come make a difference.
Why join IBM Security?
1. Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
2. Work with a globally distributed and diverse international team, with a culture centered on success
3. Competitive compensation and benefit packages
4. A world of opportunity for career growth.
Work as part of an agile team; Collaboration with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues; Demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you troubleshoot QRadar; Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly; Collaboration with other development teams to ensure a quality product.
The successful candidate can expect to work in an agile team which interfaces with other developers, quality assurance, documentation writers, customer support representatives, product managers, and architects.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· Min 3-5 years experience in developing project oriented software
· Min 3-5 years experience with Unix based operating systems
· Solid experience with computer networking protocols and principles
· Good knowledge of design patterns and data structures
· Experienced with regular expressions; with git and REST APIs
· Problem solving skills and attention to detail
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience using Agile methodologies
· Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
· Experience with scripting languages (perl, python, bash)
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· Legal Working Status
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire