The Hybrid Cloud Services Sales Line Representative is a position in the IBM GTS organization responsible for sales of IBM's Multi-Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud solutions portfolio, Managed Services for Client's Server, Storage, and Cloud Platforms, Data Center Transformation, IT Outsourcing, and Selected Business Partner Offerings among other capabilities.
What you can expect in the role:
· This role requires Client interfacing and engagement while selling the Hybrid Cloud Services portfolio directly with Computer Services Industry Market clients in the IBM Enterprise and Commercial space
· Develop, Own, and Drive Hybrid Cloud Opportunities across the assigned territory to closure
· Lead IBM sales support team to cost, solution, and price opportunity for your clients.
· Be responsible to write statements of work and negotiate statements of work as the opportunity owner with your clients.
· Provide accurate and timely forecast, funnel management, target/objective updates to deliver on territory plans
· Sell services solutions across Public Clouds, Private Clouds, Containers, Mainframe, I-series, and P-Series.
· Be a Dealmaker leveraging IBM's Brand and Partner Ecosystem to provide value to clients while delivering sales growth into IBM's GTS Industrial Market Enterprise and Commercial territory
What you bring to the role:
· Leverage existing experience to develop new opportunities leveraging IBM Hybrid Cloud Portfolio.
· Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Thrives as both an individual contributor and in a highly-collaborative team environment
· Expert in high-impact communication and presentation skills
· Drive results and overachieve sales targets for business solutions
· Proficient in sales & closing, business development, financial selling
· Significant knowledge of IT Industry, cloud, server, storage, and operating systems
· Significant expertise/industry knowledge selling into Computer Services Industry marketplace The Hybrid Cloud Services Service Line Representative (SLR) must possess the following Skills: sales/closing skills, business development skills, financial selling skills, significant IT Industry knowledge, large and complex deal skills, significant knowledge of cloud , server, storage, and operating systems, deep understanding of managed services, an ability to work in a matrixed environment, outstanding oral, written, and presentation communication skills, and an ability to team and function in team selling environments as well as sell alone and without assistance.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
General Other Solution Sales
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 5 years of experience in selling multi-vendor IT Infrastructure Managed Services Solutions as well as Cloud (Private, Public, and Hybrid) Solutions.
· At least 5 years of experience in working the Public Cloud Landscape: AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud, etc.
· At least 5 years of experience in Solution/Managed Services Sales
· At least 3 years of experience in Consultative Sales strategies and methodologies
· At least 5 years of experience in Executive Relationship Management -Must be able to travel up to 50%
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.