· Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases.
· Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
· Participate in reviews of design and test documents
· Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
· Turn product requirements into concrete design specifications
· Write clean, maintainable and testable code
· Trouble shoot and diagnose software problems and provide solutions
· Perform unit and integration tests on new software
· Ensure that delivered code follows secure coding practices
· Report status on a regular basis and ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
#techreca TECHREJOBS TechReNA
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· Experience with Linux operating systems
· Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, SQL, XML
· Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
· Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
· Experience with developing and maintaining code
· This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
· In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years;
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Knowledge of the software development cycle
· Experience using Agile Methodologies
· Knowledge of quality assurance processes
· Experience with automated testing and Selenium
· Experience with Groovy
· Interest in the Security Industry and Ethical Hacking
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· Legal working status
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
New Collar Role
Referral Promo Code
#techreca TECHREJOBS TechReNA #HJ19NA
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more.
This paid 6 months returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
This position is in the Development and QA of IBM's Security Intelligence line of products including QRadar and Forensics. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. As our development process becomes more agile, the need is arising for more versatile resources whose skill sets span both the traditional development and quality assurance roles. Depending on the phase of a given release, the successful candidate will be responsible for either the development of software or participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, this position will perform the assessment, planning and execution of development/test efforts required for new functions/features. They will also consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing methodologies and processes.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.