The security analyst will be a member of an experienced Application Security Team responsible for delivering QRadar security software products that are secure and free of application security vulnerabilities. To fulfill this role we are seeking an ambitious, successful, talented, and passionate security professional to join our team.
Top responsibilities of this role:
· Maintain existing product security requirements.
· Log, and track security defects to completion, offer remediation advice as necessary.
· Implement package updates to resolve vulnerabilities.
· Develop and review compliance test cases.
· Nessus scanning for OS vulnerabilities.
· Reproducing and validating reported vulnerabilities and incident response
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience
· Min 3-5 years of demonstrated experience with focus in areas such as systems, network or security
· Min of 3- 5 years of server-side Java experience, including experience with web application vulnerability testing (e.g. source code analysis, penetration testing)
· Demonstrated software development proficiency (C/C++, Python, bash, Java, etc.) Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· Proficiency in Development experience over Linux/UNIX platforms
· Proficiency in administration aspects of Linux
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in platform-level security mitigations and hardening for Linux.
· Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.)
· Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
· Detailed knowledge of standards for authentication and authorization
· Experience in penetration testing and exploitability-focused vulnerability assessment.
· Experience in threat modeling, vulnerability assessment and risk identification.
· Legal working status
· This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire