As a Security Project Manager you will be client facing and responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the customer. This role will have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverable, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. The Project Manager is responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer. The Project Manager will provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer.
· Responsible for managing the approved budget (for cost for service delivery) and for the quality results in his area of responsibility
· Manage project contract Service Level Agreements/Objectives (SLA/SLO)s
· Major contribution to overall client satisfaction for delivery organization
· Address performance in troubled service line/units to achieve productivity objectives
· Proactively manage business controls (audit readiness)
· Provide input of key documents into project/account repositories
· Responsible to achieve SLAs, handle incidents, control and report consumption, manage cost, people working for and assigned to the account (Claim), service activations and deactivation
· Establishing the appropriate client governance
· Demonstrating mitigation and resolution of risks and issues through consistent and effective use of the Security Services processes and tools, ensuring information is reviewed regularly and kept up to date
· Ensuring the contract information is correct and Day Zero and Monthly Approvals are actioned
· IBM's Primary focal point with Client‘s key stakeholders.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0123) IBM South Africa (pty) Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong skills (includes but not exhaustive)
· Minimum 10 years experience in IT project management with at least 2-3 years in security area
· Leadership, negotiating, creative thinking, work ethic, teamwork, networking, decision making, positivity, time management, motivation, flexibility, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution.
· Communicate effectively in English in professional contexts.
· Knowledge of leading security tools related with security monitoring (active, configuration and vulnerabilities)
· Experience in security services transition projects
· PMP certification
· Ability to work in dynamic environment with flexible approach and open mind
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· CISSP or CISM certificate
· Broad applied IT Security knowledge (cross technology / security domains).
· Commercial / effective management experience.
· IBM Transformation Program experience.
· Analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develop and implement solutions.
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
New Collar Role