As SAN & Storage System Administrator you are going to part of team to maintain and enhance the SAN environment for major Banking Industry client.
1. Storage Administration - configuration and management of SAN disks for the client.
2. Storage Monitoring, Reporting, and Analysis - support delivery teams to perform and drive root cause analysis to completion.
3. Suggest, influence and implement improvements in the environment (such as issue optimization, automation, streamlining process, etc.), thereby contribute to improvement of overall operations delivery and client satisfaction.
4. Analyzing impact of SAN systems and components for the technical infrastructure.
5. Document and train operations staff to run and maintain storage infrastructure.
6. Work is on Central shift requiring participation in on-call rotation.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least three years of experience in the administration of SAN systems.
- Strong understanding of Storage Area Network principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of the IT processes and best practices related to SAN technology
- Knowledge of zoning and troubleshooting in large switched fabric environment (Brocade).
- Excellent analytical skills and resolution capabilities.
- Fast and independent learning capabilities with good interpersonal skills who is well organized, self-motivated, and has strong project engagement.
- Preferably experience with IBM SAN storage (DS, V7000's, FlashSystems), IBM Storage virtualization (SVC)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Knowledge/Experience of VMWARE Product Suite
Knowledge/Experience of Unix Systems
Very good communication skills – verbal and written
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.