IBM Cloud is currently looking for a Software Test Automation Developer to join our global development team building the next generation of AI-infused, cloud-native management tools for hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
As a Software Automation Test Developer on the Observability team, you'll be responsible for designing and automating test suites to ensure continuous quality improvement of the output of your development squad. Working in an agile environment, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary squad working on our observability framework. Your work will involve close collaboration with Architects, Developers and Offering Managers across our global organization.
The successful candidate will have deep technical skills in distributed systems, test development, test automation tools, networking and observability technologies running on Linux and Kubernetes/OpenShift. Experience working in an agile, DevOps environment where test automation is standard practice is a definite plus.
· Develops test strategies, procedures and automated test cases based on a grounded understanding of client quality expectations.
· Works collaboratively with architects and developers to deliver working and tests units of code in each sprint.
· Integrates test scripts, results and metrics into the overall Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) process.
· Reviews functional specs/designs and provide feedback to the development team.
· Investigates and implements new testing methods and tools in order to maximize testing efficiency.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 8+ Years of Total Experience.
· 3+ years of programming experience using Shell script/ Python/ Golang/ Java.
· 2+ years of experience working with Kubernetes/OpenShift
· Experience working on Linux (and ideally Windows) system administration, and with hypervisors (VMware, KVM)
· Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools such as git, Jenkins, Travis.
· Experienced in product quality metrics analysis and assessment
· Skilled at developing test goals, objectives and test strategy
· Familiarity with JMeter, Selenium, Nginx, pprof is an asset
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with observability technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Jaegar, fluentd.
· Experience with IBM platforms: Power and System Z
· Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google as well as VMware and OpenStack
· Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.