Procurement Ops Buyer:
The IBM Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) organization spans several functional areas such as procurement, manufacturing, demand-supply planning, manufacturing engineering, logistics, customer fulfillment, accounts receivable collection and sales transaction support.
Who you are
As a Procurement Operations Buyer, you would be supporting procurement of global clients for multiple countries. You would be responsible for managing customer requests along with interfacing with clients and suppliers for commodities. A major part of being an operations buyer would be to handle client procurement requests and follow up on deliveries.
Handle Inbound Calls on Procurement Applications & Accounts Payable
Outbound Follow Up Calls to be done as & when required
Managing Tickets assigned to Level 2.
Achieving Call Quality Scores on Calls
Other Admin Work like handling Emails / Faxes
As an Operations Buyer/Order Executioner, your responsibilities include:
· Review requisition requirements
· Recognize Non Catalog Purchases that should be directed to a Catalog Solution
· Work efficiently with requester/client for additional information or any questions
· Determine Source from Sourcing provided Master File
· Negotiate cost savings and terms when applicable (non contracted sources)
· Procurement of low dollar purchases services (including source identification as needed)
· Price and delivery Confirmation
· PO Order receipt Confirmation
· Working knowledge of Ariba On Demand
· Knowledge of all client specific processes and procedures
· Complete Customer requests for set up of new suppliers including providing applicable information
· Interface with clients and suppliers on supplier and payment issues in conjunction with tactical commodity manager
· Maintain all relevant supplier documentation
· Ensure audit readiness of all purchasing documents
· Work with cluster leads and team lead
· Resolve blocked invoices
· Expedite and Emergency Orders and follow up on deliveries
· Perform special projects as needed
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Procurement Operations & Execution Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 1-2 years working experience
· Required Procurement Operations background
· Good problem solving/analytical skills
· Excellent customer relations, verbal, and written communications skills
· Attention to details, take ownership and follow through on commitments
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining high team morale
· Willing to work in shifts
· Good customer service skills
· Understanding of client SLA's
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Working knowledge of procurement transactions
· Proven verbal communication skills
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.