Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) Southbury, CT.
There is no relocation offered and no remote option.
IBM is seeking a Mainframe Application Developer to join our DevOps squad in the Accounting Systems Organization which manages IBM's Consolidation Accounting Application Suite. A key component of how we work is using Agile Practices and IBM Design thinking to drive customer success, deliver holistic product experiences and tackle new and exciting challenges.
Top candidates should demonstrate the following characteristics for success: creativity, intellectual curiosity, passion for helping others, problem solving, appreciation for professionalism and excellence in execution. Candidates should also be detail oriented, demonstrate logical thinking, have a history of building strong collaboration, and be an excellent communicator. You will help us build, enhance and maintain our Strategic solutions using skills such as DB2, SQL, PL/1 and Unix. You will also use a variety of tools including Splunk, Ansible, Jira and QMF.
The team is collocated in an agile open space and uses virtual tools to collaborate and manage their work. The secret to success is our people and culture. We enjoy building quality products, crafting an amazing user experience, and having lots of fun in the process. This position is located in Southbury, CT with other experienced IT analysts and developers.
· Work with cross-functional application team to define requirements and develop application solutions
· Design, code and deliver application enhancements in a continuous iterative cycle per agile software development methodology
· Deploy and maintain critical applications on zOS mainframe architecture
· Implement automation, effective monitoring, and code quality management
· Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
· Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the development team
· Have on call responsibilities in rotation with global application production support team
· Implement industry best practices for system hardening and performance management
· Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
· Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
Visa non-sponsorship statement: IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship..
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent practical experience
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in system support, application development and/or integration in mainframe technology
· Demonstrated experience in Mainframe z/OS, DB2, QMF, PL1, C/C+, VSAM, JCL
· Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership for the IT Technical solution
· Exposure to Agile Software Development methodology
· Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in developing and delivering mainframe application systems
· Familiarity with the following tools: tools including Splunk, Ansible, Jira and QMF
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
· Financial domain knowledge
· Independent contributor, an ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
· Ability to manage change and be open to it along with good time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
· Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
New Collar Role
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.