What work will I be doing:
· Supporting the full end to end procurement process for acquiring goods and services from external suppliers e.g. engaging business unit clients, developing SOW, executing RFx, negotiating commercial terms & conditions, managing supplier selection and achieving fair value
· Supporting initiatives in identifying and delivering ongoing cost reduction opportunities with suppliers and internal business unit clients to meet the business targets
· Supporting negotiating terms and conditions into supplier agreements that protect IBMs commercial position, risk exposure and brand reputation
· Building relationships with key suppliers to yield productivity, drive innovation and promote collaboration
To be successful in this role, you will:
· Have a minimum Bachelor's degree and keen to develop a career in Procurement.
· Be a self-starter who values personal development and willingness to learn.
· Possess exceptional organisational and communication skills
· Have less than 3 years working experience
There are 2 roles available: 1 in Sydney and 1 in Melbourne.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Australian citizen or permanent resident
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As an organised, keen learner, you will support the Procurement team in executing sourcing events, drive cost reductions, negotiate supplier terms and conditions, manage supplier relationships and collaborate with internal business unit clients to meet the business needs.
Your Life @ IBM
Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Procurement is responsible for the effective acquisition of goods and services that are used by internal business unit clients and deployed on external customer accounts.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.