Networking GTS Architecture with Broad SDE Skills and deeper SDN Skills, Network Domain Offering experience, Sr. Network Architect experience
- Responsible for planning and maintenance of infrastructure across the organization. The role takes the requirements for changes or the creation of new architectural solutions from the Head of EA and passes the infrastructure architecture to the IT Strategy & Portfolio Specialist. The role has critical interface with the Head of Sourcing and Service Management for inputs on infrastructure availabilities and extension of frameworks
- Designs the infrastructure strategy and applicable policies to ensure they are aligned with the business and architecture strategy.
- Forecasts and manages demand for infrastructure products and services.
- Ensure overall service delivery, and monitor / track delivered solutions to ensure fit with business requirements.
- Leads resolution of major infrastructure problems.
- Participate in business and architecture planning sessions
- Provide input to buy vs. build decisions based on architecture and business requirements
- Prepare information architecture deliverables in accordance with IT standards and methodologies and consistent with the target business architecture
- Create architecture models. Defines target architectures, standards, platforms and tools; Establishes processes and procedures to bring uniformity across the organization
- Manage overall infrastructure architecture and future technical strategy based on a broad and deep understanding of business objectives, drivers, functions, metrics, and processes.
- Defines and maintains Infrastructure Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure project and operations align to the Infrastructure Management framework, standards, policies and procedures; Sizes infrastructure components for volume and performance per business SLAs; Defines volume and performance tests and performance monitoring and tuning
- Identifies and assesses emerging tools, technologies and methodologies that could be introduced into the organization's environment; Develops opinions on the risks and benefits of new technologies and how they may or may not be leveraged by the organization
- Defines and maintains Information Security Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure projects and operations align and adhere to the Information Security Management framework, standards, policies and procedures
- Develops strategy and plans for use of technologies across the enterprise; Manages process to ensure alignment between proposed projects and business strategy; Assesses existing technologies to ensure applicability and acceptability to the organization
- Provides consultation and advice to teams allowing the successful selection among architectural options to best meet business needs
- Capacity planning according to business needs
- Stay aware of stakeholders satisfaction and implement corrective actions when needed
- Establish strong working relationships with other architects
- Participate in and support cross architecture process improvement initiatives
- Participate in Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensure that the organization is aligned to corporate technology/application directions
- Share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices across technology
- Refine and enhance architecture methodologies and / or standards
- Ensure documentation is captured in a document management system; publicize deliverable location to the organization as necessary
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0804) IBM Business Transformation Center, S.r.l.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3- 5 years IT operations and engineering experience
· 2 years network technologies experience
· Strong understanding of networking and virtualization technologies
· Switching and Routing experience in an enterprise data center environment 5+ years
· Firewall experience in an enterprise data center environment 2+ years
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing technology requirements
· Strong system design background
· Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
· Able to navigate fast-paced and rapidly evolving environments
· Bachelor's Degree
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Arista Switch experience
· VMware NSX experience
· CheckPoint Firewall experience
· A10, F5 and Citrix Load Balancer experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.