IBM Cloud BrokerageManaged Servicesis seeking a technical writer who is passionate about creating compelling, audience-appropriate technical communications.
This position requires at least five(5) years of technical writing and editing experience.
· Create user, administrator, and API documentation for the Multicloud Management Platform (MCMP) Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, which enables cloud service purchase, analysis, integration, and monitoring
· Update and edit documentation between releases and for new releasesDevelop documentation and other materials using World English
· Work with SMEs across the organization and around the world to gather information, test products, and incorporate feedback Work with Program Management and Information Development teams to schedule and prioritize documentation requirements
· Ensure document quality, working with other members of the Info Dev team and QA
· Research content as needed, through SMEs, other Info Dev team members, Confluence, JIRA, etc.
· Help define documentation processes and how they fit into overall department processes Help facilitate new ways of presenting information on the IBM Knowledge Center
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0804) IBM Business Transformation Center, S.r.l.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
High School Diploma/GED
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Quickly learning new technologies
· Turning complex ideas into easily understood explanations and instructions
· Writing for international audiencesJuggling two or more projects at a time
· HTML and/or Markdown experience for online documentation and help
· Familiarity with cloud, networking, and SaaSconcepts
· Documenting APIs
· Documenting internal processes
· Maintaining documentation and other materials on GitHub
· Documentation scheduling and project management
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.