Your Role and Responsibilities:
Digital Business Automation is a critical component in the middleware stack and plays a key role in IBM's Automation strategy. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for our CloudPak, Workflow and Decisions products. You will be part of an international team and organization that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to a seamless 24x7 "follow-the-sun" support for IBM's customers. You will be working with customers around the world.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices and will become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of the product internal components as well as how the solution is utilized by customers. Your top priority is always going to be customer success and customer satisfaction, by answering their technical questions and resolving their product related issues you will contribute to their success.
This is going to be an excellent opportunity for you to work with the latest technologies and to grow your skills in one of IBM's strategic imperatives and IBM's Cloud Paks. You will be challenged to never stop learning, as we want you to grow for our customers, our company and last but not least for your own career.
The Digital Business Automation Technical Support engineer:
· Provides technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills
· Utilizes technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution
· Communicates action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate
· Recommends and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes
· May provide training for and mentor others on the team
· Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction
· Documents problem solutions within the company knowledge base
· Writes and provides the customer with samples of test code
· Manages requests' priorities on a daily basis.
· Provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills
· Communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate
· Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance
· Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces)
· Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction
· Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that lead to delightful client perceptions, utilizing technical and negotiation skills
· Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
· Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction
· Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications
· May provide training for and mentorship for others on the team.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate leadership ability
· Demonstrate the ability to work with escalations
· Demonstrate cross team cooperation
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0483) IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's Degree
· Basic knowledge in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
· Basic knowledge in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
· English: Fluent in speaking and writing
· Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving techniques
· Must be a self-starter, quick learner, and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
· Analytical and troubleshooting skills, including problem recreation, analyzing logs and traces, debugging complex issues to determine a course of action and recommend solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Master's Degree in Information Technology
· Strong positive customer service attitude with sensitivity to client satisfaction.
· Basic knowledge of process/data mining
· Basic knowledge of LDAP
· Basic knowledge of Apache Flink and Kafka
· Basic knowledge of Elastic Search
· Basic knowledge in Kibana
· Basic knowledge of Containerization and Kubernetes
· Basic knowledge of AI technologies
· Basic knowledge of OpenShift
· Basic knowledge of IBM's Digital Business Automation Product Family
Secondary Job Category
Service & Support
Eligibility to work in Ireland/EU
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.