GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
We are recruiting an entry level Software Engineer into our 100 strong Engineering Team supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving, we are offering an attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities.
• Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
• Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
o Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
o Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
o Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).
o Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
• Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering.
• Ability and desire to learn about the latest cutting-edge software/firmware technologies.
• Experience of developing software using microcontrollers e.g. STM32, ARM, PIC, AVR.
• Appreciation of electronics systems and instrumentation.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
BHGE Measurement & Sensing (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensors and instrumentation products that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide. We have a Team of 600 employees on our site in North West Leicestershire. As an entry level Software Engineer you’ll find yourself in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry.