'You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational activities and the implementation of updated versions and functionalities ( design and implementation ) of IBM Workload Scheduler and the different related interfaces with development environments.
· System administration of mainly IWS distributed network (install – upgrade – patching). Manage SW technical roadmap
· Setup + maintain standards for the IWS network (RBAC, naming conventions, …)
· Assist in installation, configuration and tuning of IWS distributed master(s) on AIX – Linux (SA + HA)
· Assist in the installation, automation, and tuning of IWS-agents on open systems (Linux, AIX, Windows) in collaboration with other teams (security, system administrators, …)
· Assist in maintaining and improving the IWS network (upgrades – patching – bug fixing)
· Setup, maintain and automate procedures for password policies & certificate-based (ssl) IWS network connections
· Monitoring the IWS network, Tune the IWS network
· Develop and implement backup, recovery and restart procedures
· Define access roles console
· Execution of password and certificate recycling procedures
· Error-handling and -prevention on the IWS network
· Follow-up of errors, incidents, problems, changes related to this platform.
· Setup, create & document procedures (Operator Instructions, DRP procedures, error documentation, … in English)
· Assist other groups & users in the use of IWS-agents on open systems
· 2nd level support – 3rd level support
· Execute bi-yearly DRP-procedures
· Governance, service owner
· Scrupulous follow-up of the rules and the respect for quality, KPI, security baselines and system policies.
· Internal and external training and certifications
· Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills' development
· Multisport card
· Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
· Cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers
· Holiday camps for children
· Discounts for IBMers (for a wide range of services/products)
· Social Fund benefits
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Systems Management Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(1065) IBM Global Services Delivery Centre Polska Sp. z.o.o
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Candidates should meet 2 years + of technical experience with focus on the following skills:
· Relevant degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
· Languages: English
· Knowledge of IWS for z/OS
· Practical knowledge of the Unix – Linux – Windows operating systems
· Experience in development and scripting (Perl, Shell, Windows Scripting,…)
· You are a strong communicator work well in a team.
· You are familiar with ITIL and IT Service management (roles and processes)
· Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, perseverance, patience and flexibility and being goal oriented with keen attention to details.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Languages: Optional: Dutch and/or French
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.