This job position will be based on-site in Armonk, NY.
IBM CIO is seeking an experienced Endpoint Management Engineer for the Linux@IBM program.
You are self-motivated, life-long learner and well versed in Linux technologies. The squad is responsible for enterprise enablement and deployment of Linux as a viable workstation alternative: designing, developing, implementing, and supporting Linux solutions for the desktop. IBMers are our everyday consumers and we focus on improving their Linux desktop experience every day.
· You will work closely with business stakeholders, product owners, and squad members to understand endpoint security and configuration management requirements and design solutions.
· You will maintain the BigFix platform, update BigFix server and client software, and monitor performance and reliability.
· You will monitor patch and security compliance status for Linux@IBM population.
· You will design and develop security policies to satisfy IBM security requirements.
· You will design and script BigFix queries and actions to support compliance checking, patching, and hardware/software asset tracking for existing and new releases of Linux, Linux components, or applications.
· You will leverage Agile methods to deliver software for one of the largest RHEL desktop deployments in the world.
· You will focus on continuous improvement, innovation/automation, and increased velocity to deliver.
Since our founding, IBMers have been guided by an enduring Purpose. It's the why of IBM. It's the impact we aim to make on our clients, the world and each other. It's what we aspire to every day, as we have for the last 100 years. It is to be essential.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of experience working in IT / software development
· 3+ years of experience with Linux (preferably RHEL or CentOS)
· At least 1 year experience in scripting languages (bash, python, GTK, Java, JS, C)
· Experience with source control versioning and maintenance using GIT on GitHub
· Solid troubleshooting, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
· Strong knowledge of the Linux security and configuration management
Python, Java, RPM packaging, Linux administration
software development RHEL or CentOS
bash, python, GTK, Java, JS, C
Source control versioning and maintenance using GIT on GitHub
troubleshooting, reasoning, and problem solving
Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
◦ Endpoint Security
◦ Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
◦ Incident response
◦ Systems Management
◦ Systems Administration
◦ Software Engineering
◦ Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.) (edited)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Hands on BigFix experience a major plus
· Experienced with endpoint management tools such as BigFix, Tanium, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Satellite or similar.
· Experienced with Agile / DevOps methodologies and agile tracking tools such as Jira
· Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or similar certification
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.