IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Network Engineer will be responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration.
· Orchestrate the project end-to-end from a Firewall Security Prospective; Analyzes Firewall Security discovery information and determines requirements for the migration
· Provide Firewall gap analysis at the start of the project; Directs team members and reviews results.
· Deconflicts inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP author
Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
Control all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, Firewall configurations, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
· Identify and communicate firewall security requirements to Tools and CND teams. This includes acceptable Deadlines tracked by PM
Track task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· CISCO ASA Firewalls
Cisco MPLS.(Multi Protocol Label Switching)
BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol) Continued in Additional Comments
In-depth protocol analysis, with tools such as tcpdump.
Experience in leading large engineering projects.
Leadership skills in organizing a team of engineers
Certifications : DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
Security Clearance: TS clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· F5 load balancers
· Palo Alto Firewalls
· Cisco ASA Firewalls
· Standup of Remote access Virtual Private Networks(RAVPN)
· Military/DoD security architectures
· JRSS familiarity
· CISCO or Juniper Certifications
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role