You can innovate breakthroughs and help make life changing impact. You can experience the ability to change job, profession, industry - all within one organization. And you can experience an inclusive, collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues worldwide. Imagine what you can do and experience. Embrace the pattern-seeing-patent-blazing-future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
· The successful candidate will be part of the ASEAN Legal Team responsible for primarily providing end to end legal advice and support to IBM general business for IBM Thailand and also, broadly in relation to IBM business in any ASEAN country as required, on broad range of commercial/ legal issues.
· This role will have a focus on customer transactions, providing legal support on for RFP submissions, customer contract negotiations, including large complex transactions. The role will also, in general, advise on vendor contract management, disputes, compliance, ethics and regulatory and financing matters.
· IBM's business is diverse, expanding and evolving so it is a very exciting time to join and be part of strategic businesses, such as Big Data, Internet of Things, Cloud, Cognitive, etc, in addition existing solutions such as technology outsourcing, infrastructure services, application management, technical support services.
· The role is primarily based in Bangkok and as described above, will also support the wider ASEAN /Indochina team where required.
· Minimum 13 years of Post Qualification Experience (PQE).
· Significant experience as in-house lawyer in any of the following industries: Technology/ Telco and/or experience gained in relation to these sectors from prestigious law firms
· Preferred strong knowledge /skills in IT
· LL.M. graduate
· Lawyer license and Notary Services Attorney Certificate
· Strong knowledge of regulatory environment, legal analytical skills, substantial contract review, drafting and negotiations experience and sound organizational skills are required
· Absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct
· Proficiency in written and spoken English & Thai language
· Ability to advise with an eye as to the commercials of a matter
· Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
· Experience in international contracting matters
· Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
· Minimal travel
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
KRUNG THEP MAHA NAKHON
Primary job category
(0411) IBM Thailand Company Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Refer to the JD
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Refer to the JD
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.