Description de l'offre
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market. With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on ‘Migrate to Cloud'.
Joining IBM's Cloud Migration team is an opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry sector today.
Migration Architect is responsible for defining strategy, architecture and solution to migrate different types of systems, applications and data between data centers smoothly with no or very less impact to business continuity. The architect should have a good understanding of infrastructure in a data center such as network, storage (SAN/DAS/NAS, Cloud Storage, etc.), database, Virtualization & Cloud technologies.
· Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate infrastructures (physical and virtual) and application within or across data centers.
· Define Discovery, planning and migration strategy and approach.
· Design Migration Facility and create migration patterns.
· Create migration Low Level Design (LLD)
· Create Work Instructions / Run Books for migration events
· Language Requirements: English and German fluent
• YOUR MONEY
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Prior experience of at least 2-3 years as Enterprise IT architect, and should have involved in Application/Data center migration programs
· Good experience of working on Windows & Linux platform.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Exposure to Migration tools like RackWare, Double-Take, AppZero, Platespin, VMWare VMotion, SRM etc.
· Scripting knowledge (Powershell/Shell-scripting/Perl etc)
· Candidate should be willing to travel to client locations as per the requirements
New Collar Role