IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Do you have experience working with Blockchain technology? Have you considered using your experience in Financial Markets or other areas to make a difference working with our Federal and State and Local clients? Are you self-motivated and enjoy creating opportunities and leading teams? IBM Global Business Services is looking for experienced blockchain consultants with experience in Public Sector, Supply Chain, or Financial Markets and leading Blockchain technology platforms to join our innovative Blockchain practice!
· Working directly with industry teams and leaders throughout Public Sector (Federal Government and State/Local/Higher Education entities) to market and implement Blockchain based solutions.
· Contributing to pre-sales activities for Blockchain business opportunities and develop architected solutions for proposals
· Developing and delivering business strategy and implementation plans as well as assisting in designing complex Distributed Ledger/Blockchain technology applications
· Conceptualizing and developing relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC), proof-of-value (POV)
· Building Client Relationships and providing leadership and project management support for existing PoCs and converting opportunities to move into production pilots
· Assisting Public Sector Blockchain Leader in overall practice management, planning, and strategy
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
· https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/50744.wss CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Business Sales & Delivery Executive
State / Province
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 1 year of experience managing or developing Blockchain Technology applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum Solidity, or other proprietary language or APIs.
· At least 3 years of experience in presales activities such as proposal writing, demonstrations and client presentations.
· At least 3 years of experience managing or architecting solutions in financial services or supply chain/asset management.
· At least 3 years of experience managing, architecting, or developing applications using cloud based platforms/micro-services for capital markets/investment banking and/or supply chain/asset management.
· At least 5 years of experience working for a management consulting company or a leading bank or insurance firm.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 6 months of experience in Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms and developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger Fabric (preferred), Ethereum Solidity or other proprietary language and APIs.
· Public Sector experience with a good understanding of Federal and SLED (State & Local and Higher Education) clients and their challenges and where blockchain may perform a role.
· DoD experience.
· PMP or other PM experience.
· Experience in SCRUM or other rapid Agile prototyping.
Secondary Job Category
· US Citizenship required
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire