Are you interested in building solutions that reduce fraud in financial transactions? Or how about developing an application that provides visibility to an entire supply chain so that retailers can reduce waste? Blockchain has the potential to re-imagine existing business networks, create new business models and unlock business value across industries.
Join the IBM Blockchain team and become part of the team of Blockchain talents who are helping clients realize the potential of the technology. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact in both IBM and the IT industry. Blockchain is a new technology that enables businesses to work together with a lot more trust, resulting in lower cost, faster transactions and less risk. You will be developing solutions on top of our IBM Blockchain platform and the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Project. You will work closely with product development, solution architects, designers and client engagement experts to transform business processes and markets using Blockchain.
You will develop innovative solutions with clients in a variety of industries, such as Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, and Transportation. We believe in small multi-disciplinary teams of developers, architects, designers, and industry experts that collaborate together in short sprints and iterative cycles. This role will involve significant client interaction and outputs may be used for board level demonstrations.
How we'll help you grow:
There is a land grab for these Blockchain skills in the IT industry. You will have unique access to the growing IBM team of technology pioneers who are building a new market for IBM and a unique value proposition for the IT industry. You will also gain skills in IBM Cloud, Design Thinking, and Watson.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience with Node.js is highly desirable.
· Being comfortable using Unix CLI commands and the basics of Bash scripting.
· Experience of using the IBM Cloud (Bluemix) platform desirable, but not required.
· Must be comfortable using Git.
· Experience of using Docker/Kubernetes for application deployment is desirable.
· Experience of configuring Continuous Integration pipelines is useful.
· Self-taught experience of using IBM Blockchain Platform, Hyperledger Fabric and/or Composer a plus.
· Experience of working with design thinking techniques desirable.
· Experience of working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum desirable. Extreme Programming is a bonus.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills
· Excellent time management, organizational and collaboration skills
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8340) IBM Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Please refer to job description
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire