IBM Lawyers provide advice and counsel on legal matters and business ethics and conduct and direct litigation. The focus for this role is on drafting and negotiating services type of transactions. You will be responsible for primarily providing advice and support to the business including assisting relevant business lines with contract drafting, commercial negotiation, and contract administration. The role will also include assisting the Regional Counsel in all legal matters including but not limited to regulatory matters, operational issues, HR matters, troubled projects, litigation, investigation, transactional support, etc.
The candidate will be expected to work with the local and wider global Legal team in supporting IBM's business. The candidate will also be expected to provide support for compliance and ethics matters.
• Providing advice on a broad range of commercial issues of relevance to IBM.
• Preparing, negotiating and advising on all aspects of contracts whether IBM standard terms or otherwise.
• Working with various business lines, and the IBM's finance, regulatory and risk management teams, to provide solutions consistent with the IBM's corporate policies.
• Ensuring documentation is maintained, and that organisational memory is retained, within the corporate business group.
• Providing education on contracts and compliance issues (including business integrity, ethics, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and local anti-corruption laws, rules and regulations)
• To keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the law, developments in our industry and business and training and education throughout the career.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1036) IBM Middle East FZ-LLC Saudi Arabia Branch
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct;
· Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, KSA and GCC laws;
· Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with commercial contract drafting, negotiation, preparation and administration;
· Ability to work independently and function in team;
· Ability to assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of the company, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration;
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines;
· Sound negotiation and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to express clearly both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Work experience with a multinational company
Additional corporate, business, tax, commercial or other appropriate qualification
Knowledge of networking, consulting services, hardware and software contracts
Secondary Job Category
Arabic: Fluent written and spoken
English: Fluent written and spoken
Minimum five (5) years post admission experience in practice as an attorney or advocate
Commercial Contract drafting and negotiation experience
Corporate, HR and immigration experience
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.