This role is focused on expanding IBM's business services in Japan. The Associate Partners are to win and deliver profitable IBM consultancy business, through their own leadership, input and example. Operating at the business or executive level, They will build trusted client relationships in order to leverage large programs in which IBM can deliver economic value to clients through IBM's unique combination of deep domain and cognitive capabilities, in addition to the services of their own practice team.
Activities include, but are not limited to; working with and leveraging other IBM client facing teams to create demand, identify opportunities, qualify opportunities, and then directly executing high quality professional engagements. The Associate Partner are encouraged to bring new ideas and new view within IBM team across the function, to accelerate internal transformation as well. The representative will be continuously focused on winning opportunities that achieve assigned targets while designing and delivering high value customer solutions, with a focus digital strategy / transformation and Cloud technology.
• Coordination and successful execution of required sales related activities focused on each of Financial sector （Banking & Insurance), Industrial /Distribution sector (Automotive / Industrial Products, Chemical& petroleum / Electronics/ Consumer / Travel &Transportation / Distribution）, Public＆Communication Sector (Energy & Utility, Telecommunications, media & entertainment） in the Japan or, as a solution expert (we call Service line), drive on each of Digital Strategy, BPR/BPO/Shared service, IoT/AI/Data management. ERP/Cloud/CRM for cross industries.
• Achieve assigned KPI's for financial sales, revenue, profit, and client satisfaction objectives
• Focused on expanding IBM's Global Business Services portfolio within the assigned accounts
• Directly managing the execution of high-quality professional consulting & IT engagements
• Responsible for won opportunities, and achieving assigned targets while providing high value customer solutions
• To become the trusted advisor across all opportunities
• Lead major projects and provide work direction/guidance and support for the consultants within the team
• Collaborate with the Sector / Service line leader on budgets and ‘Go to Market' strategy
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(7600) IBM Japan, Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Demonstrable revenue generation capability
• Minimum of 6 years of experience selling consulting solutions into the sectors or service lines
• Highly credible board level business relationships in the industry or service lines and evidence of successfully developing business through these relationships and networks.
• Demonstrable experience and track record in shaping commercially realistic propositions and delivering successfully to contract.• A track record in shaping and leading major business change initiatives working in multi- disciplinary teams and of delivering against business objectives in a challenging client environment.
• Had experienced growing a team from 10 to 30 members
• Fluent Japanese and business level English skill
• Proven track record of delivering at least three multi- dimensional programs planned timescales & within budget
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
An understanding of end-to-end propositions including appreciation of technology as an enabler. In addition to the experience above, candidates should have the following:
• Strong leadership skills
• Deep domain knowledge in the sectors or service lines
• Experienced Technology Practitioner in digital technologies and transformation.
• Knowledge in Cloud Multi Cloud / Hybrid Cloud
• Ability to collaborate with teams within IBM and Business partners externally
• Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
• Focus on strategic thinking
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
• Motivated by success and working in a team of fellow high performers
• Creative problem solver and open to change
• Proven pedigree in consulting services
• Passion for change
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM's ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.