The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef de Cuisine to ensure the smooth running of the Western Kitchen; whilst ensuring the culinary activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategies.
The Sous Chef assists to devise special dishes and develop innovative recipes where applicable; also establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the assigned Kitchen.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience as Sous Chef in a restaurant of good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international branded restaurants.
· Creative and knowledgeable of current culinary trends
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards are essential.
· Diversity in culture with international working experience background is preferred
· Good communications and interpersonal skills
· Cantonese or Mandarin speaking is not essential; preferably proficiency in English plus one other language
· Preferably basic computer skills in MS Office