· Oversees and assists in the preparation and updates of the Residences Departmental Operations Manual.
· Conducts regular communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Ensures that all Residences employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures that Residences employees also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
· Meets and greets all V.I.P and gather feedback on preferences to ensure the same is delivered at all times.
· Facilitate entertainment programmes for Residences guests on a frequent basis to ensure a comfortable stay.
· Implements consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
· Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Ensures that all Residences employees are aware of current promotions, policies and other important information.
· Ensures that all Residences employees are familiar with the hotel’s products and services.
· Ensures that the Residences operates with the reasonable cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
· Support in maximising rooms’ sales and revenues for the hotel through appropriate yield management, upselling and inventory management initiatives, working closely with the relevant Residences Manager and Front Office employees.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Supports in monitoring rooms’ standards in general, working through the respective Head of Department to take corrective action where necessary.
· Conducts thorough inspections of guest rooms and public areas to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the standards
· Ensures that all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, and long stay guest rooms are pre-blocked in advance, that Housekeeping is notified and that each room is prepared with the appropriate welcome amenities.
· Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
· Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to block rooms as necessary for maintenance.
Ideal candidate profile
Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience as Residences Manager. Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.