Under the general guidance and supervision of the Engineering Manager/ Assistant Engineering Manager and within the limits of established Hyatt policies and procedures, maintains and repairs all guestroom facilities and public/ back of house area facilities within the hotel.
Ideal candidate profile
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for working a roster pattern as agreed within the Engineering Department.
· Flexible and able to change shift to accommodate sickness and holidays when required.
· Responsible for the efficient repair of all defects reported while at work, ensuring we exceed the expectations of our Guests and Customers.
· To react and be responsible during any activations of the Fire Alarm as an important member of the Fire Team during the shift, particularly when working Late/Night time.
· Responsible for carrying out any reasonable tasks, requests or jobs requested by the Engineering Management.
· Responsible for all statutory checks and PPM’s within the plant rooms, bedrooms and public areas.
· Responsible for the personal tools assigned.
· Conducting the general repairs of electrical, mechanical, air-conditioning, fire protection, carpentry, plumbing, masonry.
· Properly handles and maintains all power tools.
· Assists other team members when required to complete task.
· Communicates all important information to management and other key roles amongst departments.
· Ensuring that all works are completed on schedule and compliant with requested standards and safety regulations.
· Daily collaboration of work with Office Coordinator, accepting and reporting back on job completion.
· Performs repairs and maintenance work to all guest rooms, public and service areas of the hotel to ensure they are well maintained.
· Accepting and completing tasks assigned daily, reporting on completion by HOTSOS, office coordinator as well as keeping record within time sheet.
· Regularly inspect the entire building with particular attention on defective or deficient life safety features and to observe closely the condition of all operating equipment.
· Carrying out routine Engineering checks and logging these as required during shift.
· In the absence of the Engineering Management (outside normal working hours), being responsible for efficient operation of department and addressing issues of the Hotel to the best of their ability.
· Any issues which may be deemed as a major failure of Plant, or equipment, risk, or danger to the technical operation of the Hotel must be reported to the Engineering Management immediately regardless of the time of day, or night.
· To undergo any training deemed necessary by the department.
· Attends and contributes to all meetings as required.
· Provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints, or problems - if no immediate solution can be found asking for help to then be able to bring case to solution.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel and Hyatt International.
· Responsible self-starter, capable of multitasking and working under pressure.
· Excellent communication skills, a proactive problem solver. Attention to detail.
· Creative and resourceful. Passionate.
· Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
· Personable and pleasant to deal with. Discreet, reliable and diplomatic. Honest and approachable.
· Positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach – manages with humility. Motivated, passionate and seeks opportunities to be multi-skilled and trained.
· Good health physically fit. Good personal grooming and personal presentation.
· Understands and respects local cultural, able to adapt to changing environment.
· Good mechanical, electrical, plumbing and engineering knowledge.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Basic understanding of air-conditioning and ventilation / HVAC.
· Good working knowledge of proper use of hand.
· Capable of delivering good standard painting and basic redecorating of rooms, hotel spaces.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to communicate efficiently on any subject of department responsibilities.
· Fluent English – written and spoken