Provides timely and accurate execution of trades for Company's targeted institutional clients in assigned sector.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
· Effectively maintains various risk positions and manages position limits, providing liquidity to clients and markets.
· Accounts for Senior Trader are of a more complex nature and larger in size. Trading limits are also higher as well as overall accountability and proprietary risk.
· Bring together simultaneous buy & sell orders in cooperation with sales desk. Maintains complete and detailed records to verify orders as they are executed.
· Ensures correct ticket entry and order routing, maintains communication with sales desk and assists in resolving any settlement problems, ensures ticket entry completion and provides general trade support, as necessary.
· Provides consistent pricing service to sales force and target clients. Provides market information to sales staff as well as guidance on transaction opportunities and market timing.
· Generates and grows solid relationship with HSBC top customers worldwide.
· Provides consistent pricing and market color to syndicate desk and global banking, in order to generate primary issuance for the firm.
· Responsible for making markets and trading within authorized limits.
· Executes firm and customers' trades in accordance with established trading strategies and may contribute to the formulation of trading strategies.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of the product area including market liquidity and volatility, pricing and trading strategies.
· Provides technical and product support to junior staff.
· Handles all trading situations and is confined only be risk limitations.
· Works with systems vendors to set up & maintain customer specifications & trading parameters.
· Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
· Provides management direction to foster effective selection, development and reward of subordinates (if applicable) while contributing to initiatives in support of the Company's Diversity programs.
Management of Risk
· Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
· Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
· Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
· Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Ideal candidate profile
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
· 3 plus years institutional trading experience, knowledge of all aspects of credit trading area.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work-related experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with very strong analytical skills.
· Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Able to understand and manage complex and diverse instruments.
· FINRA series 7 and 63 required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.