Senior Software Engineer
Purpose of Department :
IT Operations consists of a set of diversely skilled professionals who offer technical support on various platforms with different levels of complexity on Information Technology related areas to HSBC Staff across the globe.
Purpose of the team:
Global Infrastructure support is responsible for the managing workplace technology Products and Services. The Global Infrastructure y Services include Email(Domino & Exchange), SharePoint, Source One, MEG Server, Filenet, Jabber Client, Instant Messaging, Service Portal amongst others.
The team is responsible for:
· Service development
· 3rd Line Support, maintenance, inventory and ever greening for clients and infrastructure
· Test/Development of management, support and fulfilment systems and processes for Email Services
· Definition and enforcement of processes to provide fulfilment and support.
· Vendor liaison / management & relationship.
· Commercial / Billing Trending and Analysis
· Global Infrastructure Support is responsible for all Collaboration Technologies Products and Services. The Global Infrastructure Support services include Email(Domino & Exchange), SharePoint, Source One, MEG Server, Filenet, Jabber Client, Instant Messaging, Service Portal, amongst others.
The position is responsible for:
• Service development
• Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, manage users and upgrade for all the above listed technologies.
• Managing mail routing and replication across multiple Notes/Exchange domains and Maintain overall email routing, MX records and spam filtering.
• 3rd Line Support, maintenance, inventory and ever greening of infrastructure.
• Support L2 teams and work on escalated Incidents.
• Initiate, Execute, monitor all the Change request related to all above mentioned technologies as per the HSBC Standards..
• Definition and enforcement of processes to provide fulfilment and support.
• Vendor liaison / management relationship.
• Commercial / Billing Trending and Analysis.
• Problem record management/ work on root cause analysis and come up with solution & documentation.
• Conduct regular training/knowledge sharing sessions with L2 team as required.
Experience Required / Skills
The list below is an ideal list of skills and requirements. We will consider applicants who meet some, but not necessarily all of the following:
· Proven experience in an IT Infrastructure Delivery role;
· An intermediate level of technical expertise including good technical design and implementation skills;
· Find logical solutions to problems and manage to resolution;
· Have a good knowledge of the project lifecycle;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
· MS exchange Knowledge, including network coverage schemes:
· Experience of a large scale and/or challenging BlackBerry environment;
· Exposure to the crisis response and recovery methods used in the Group and Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales
· A good understanding of service management techniques, including change management, incident management, Data Centre Operations and configuration management.
· Third Party vendor relationship management
· An ability to hit the ground running.
· Strong analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution (E)
· Should have been a part of a transition/migration of newer tools used within the group. (E)
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales (E)
· Excellent knowledge of overall Collaborative technologies and Ability to engage in project work as required for Infrastructure (e.g. application upgrades, enabling new feature).(K)
· Ability to engage in project work as required for above mentioned Systems (e.g. application upgrades, enabling new features). (E)
Ideal candidate profile