Role Title :Software Engineer
Business :Development Environments Support of Internet Banking Services
Role Purpose / Description
• Provide On call Support on Pre-Production services
• Owning any allocated incidents through its end to end investigation cycle; this includes liasing with support teams that may be needed to resolve it.
• Co-ordinate implementation activities for smooth transition from development to production
• Assist on daily level 1, level 2 case checking, investigation and provide solution or work-around for business
• Interact with different parties including server teams, infrastructure teams and business users to drive incidents to closure
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Experience on Linux server related technology and basic shell scripting knowledge
• Experience on IT Operations eg servers, DB, network or Data Centre operations will be an advantage
• Excellent troubleshoting skills IHS/WAS/Portal/PCF/
• Experience with business critical server application support will be an advantage
• Effective communication skills in spoken and written English to work in a Global Team
• Experience in basic SQL scripting
• Highly motivated with a positive and proactive attitude.
• Able to work independently to meet deadlines and under pressure.
• A good team player with good project handling skills.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.