Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking & Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
HSBC Global Banking & Markets (GB&M) is a leading player in foreign exchange and money market. We trade foreign exchange 24 hours a day in over 60 countries and territories, and receive competitive quotes in all tradable currencies. We also participate in the money markets, taking large volumes of institutional deposits and managing the retail bank clearing operations. The recognition GB&M has received from leading publications in the financial industry speaks volumes for our track record as a global business and the success of our strategy as an emerging markets-led, financing-focused bank.
HSBC Software Development (Guangdong) Limited (HSDC) helps provide HSBC with a genuine competitive advantage across the globe. In particular, the technology department of GB&M Foreign Exchange and Money Market in HSDC is a strategic partner to our global business delivering advanced technology systems, wide-ranging expertise, and innovative solutions.
The GBM GFX department has a global network where our teams in United Kingdom, United States, Brazil, Hong Kong and Guangzhou connect with each other to pool expertise, knowledge and experience, and this opens up the door for our business to new opportunities, more efficient processes, increased margins and helps drive reductions in the Bank's cost base.
Work here and you will be involved in support dealing with front-to-back exchanges, portals and all trade lifecycles, utilizing market leading and cutting edge technologies. We are providing high end solutions covering but not limited to:
- cross-product Front Office Systems that serve the trading and risk management need, powered by the Murex platform, to support wide range of FX and MM products including Spots, Forwards, Swaps, Repos, Bonds, FRAs, FX Options, and Metals
- trading application suite that serves low-latency and high throughput electronic trading and risk management of FX Commodities
- external Client Connectivity by means of the industry-standard FIX protocol
- Work in a global front office FX, Commodities trading platform with Murex. Provide support to HSBC front office business.
- Responsible for development on the platform to support the business grow.
- Knowledge exchange with the Murex team in different regions.