Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: OSS Core Banking
Role Purpose / Description
- With guiding can perform development, deployment, testing and production release for projects, which span across multiple platforms
- Coordinate system tests and provide support during project implementation to ensure quality of deliverables
- Have knowledge with Core banking product features.
- Perform trouble shooting activities
- Prepare project-related documentation
- Provide production support to systems
- Work closely related IT systems' team and proactively communicate with other overseas partners as well.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
-University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- 1-3 year working experience in IT industry, or knowledge in Core Banking industry will be an advantage.
- Technical skills or project experience on Mainframe CICS, COBOL, DB2, MQ are definite advantages
- Familiar on methodology of Agile
- Good analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, open-minded and able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Strong communication skills in English/Putonghua. Strong command of written English
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further