Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking & Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
-Tester responsible for the development/maintenance of the automated test-suite for the XDS application. This will entail working closely with development, production support, other QA staff and Business users to ensure high quality change to our product set.
-Although the initial focus of the role will be automated testing, with the move to a Dev Ops mode of operation, there are likely to be opportunities within the group to get involved in Development and Operation support activities.
• End-to-end functional testing activities – including the automation of the functional test suite.
• Liaise with the infrastructure team to setup the environment for various build deployments, configuration changes, etc.
• Liaison with Development staff to gain an understanding of application changes – so that appropriate automated tests can be developed.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Experienced tester skilled in developing/maintaining automated test suites for low-latency, server-side software products and APIs.
• Ability to develop complex test plans, acceptance criteria and test conditions from user stories, technical designs and specifications.
• Basic knowledge (minimum) of Linux commands.
• Team player.
• Ability to work flexibly.
• Good communication skills, written, verbal and presentational – including communication to end-users and senior Business stakeholders. As English is the HSBC business language, strong English – both written and spoken is essential.
-Experience of working with Oracle Coherence
-Experience of working with messaging technologies – especially Solace.
-Experience of performance management, communications protocols and a broad range of technologies
-Experience of working in an Agile delivery team, Test Driven Development, Automation and Continuous Integration practices.
-Experience of the defect management lifecycle.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.